Today Lynda and I went exploring Portsmouth and Gosport just a short launch trip across the harbour. I really can't get over great the weather has been. Blue skies even. This is the big tall tower thing other wise known as the Spinnaker Tower. We hope to go up it when the mist is clear.

Here am I in Gosport. It was quite good to stand back a bit so you could see the tower in all its glory- quite an icon.


You don't get too many of these old letter boxes about so I thought I had better have another photo opp with this British icon.

This photo has all three icons at once- the old Customhouse Building, the red telephone box and a ship's masthead.

This is the Warrior- one of the last sail powered warships-very impressive against the late afternoon sky.

This is Spice Island where the traders from the Far East would trade their stuff. It didn't look far off from how it would have looked all those years ago.

What better way to finish off an evening than to watch a bit of Coro. Poor old Vera has gone from the look of it but most of the regulars are still there- whining and moaning. "By heck as like!"
No comments:
Post a Comment