Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

In Transit

Posting from the two hour stop over in Munich, Germany. Trip uneventful but mind numbingly boring. Saw little pockets of street lights below as we flew over Russia but that’s it! Heartened by New Zealand butter to put on the cold loaves of bread. Introduced to dragon fruit- like kiwifruit with little flecks throughout but the flesh is white- looks a little like stragatelli ice-cream. My bum is numb and I think the elderly German gentleman next to me offered to massage it for me but I’m not quite sure on that one. All the safety announcements were in German, English and Cantonese. It’s a good job it was a long flight. The plane itself seemed more spacious than the Air NZ/Qantas planes and they had a downstairs bathroom area where there was actually room to swing a cat if you so felt the need and had to cat to swing.

BTW Loretta- sorry I didn’t get time to wish you a merry Christmas before I left. I had this work milestone to edit at the last minute and it consumed all my energies. Hope you read this before Christmas.

Alan- thanks for the photo of the fence- does it look funny with the new and the old mesh together?

It’s cold and 6° outside the terminal. I have Judy’s heavy coat as carry on luggage for when I have to go outside. Just hours away from seeing Amy in London. It’s been a good while coming.

No power adapters for Germany so will see you again on the other side of the channel. I nearly didn't make it cos I had such a heavy nap in Munich that I missed the call to board and only woke up when there was no-one else left at that terminal!

No comments: