Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Day Two in London

Today Amy had to go to work until lunch time so I went to work with her and travelled on two stops on the Underground ON MY OWN and got out at Oxford Street with all the pretty lights and flash shops. I wandered about a bit and bought a pair of earrings as I realise that I had arrived ear-ring less and I had already used up Raewyn's emergency stick on ones!!!!

I was too scared to get too far off the main road and always made sure I exited a shop by the same door I went in so I wouldn't loose my bearings. Amy had wanted me to take a map book but the text was too small for me to read even with my $1000 glasses on.
We had decided to meet at 1.30pm at the entrance from the Underground opposite the Nike shop and I was a bit anxious because my cell phone was playing up so made sure I was there in plenty of time. I found myself a perch to sit on while I waited and enjoyed watching the pre-Christmas throng of shoppers march past. While I was waiting I was witness to a lady getting knocked down by a motor bike. There was a bit of a slanging match as the friends of the lady knocked to the ground told the biker what they thought of him. The lady wasn't very hurt and the motorbike guy drove off. The police were called and I went over to say to the lady that the guy on the motorbike was a nasty man and it was his fault not hers.
Amy met me and off we went for another spot of exploring. In our travels we came across another Apple Store- this one was on Regency Street- a quick trophy photo later and we were on our way.
This old Tudor pub took our fancy but we didn't go inside.
Next stop was St Paul's cathedral. This photo was taken about three o'clock in the afternoon and already you can see the long shadows falling. It is basically completely dark but 4.30pm. No wonder all the Poms look a bit pasty pale.
You weren't supposed to take photos but I couldn't help myself. I have tried to find out who this guy was but no luck!
This old gate near St Paul's was impressive as well. Another photo opp!
Next stop was the Sheppard's Bush Westfield Shopping Mall- the biggest urban mall in Europe evidently. All dressed for Christmas it was great. I bought a nice skirt and a black cowel neck jersey. Amy was acting as my personal shopper- it was fun to go girlie shopping with Amy.
And then, much to my delight- ANOTHER Apple Store! Two in one day was pretty awesome. This time I had quite a long chat with one of the Apple helpers, Toa from Hamilton- made me laugh! She showed me some good stuff when using iMovie08. (Right click when you want the menus that aren't obvious and mix in Garageband first.) I would have liked to stay longer but needed to move on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Neat photos Allanah !
You're seeing heaps.

Yve X