Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Tower of London

Today Amy and I went off to explore the Tower of London. I loved it- all old and built over different times and the different shapes and textures. I was expecting more of a tower like structure but it was more like a castle.


It was right next door to the river Thames and the iconic Tower Bridge. Unfortunately I had not charged up my camera properly so had to use my video camera without a flash. As the day was so dim a lot of the photos ended up a bit furry.




We had a brilliant tour guide who told us about the history of the place in a very entertaining and funny way. This photo is of part of the oldest part of the castle- the old wall to the right is a couple of thousand years old. And you can see the nasty looking ravens roaming the grounds. Images in my head of Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds came to mind.
A beefeater posed with Amy to have his photo taken. Beefeaters aren't just decorative- they have to have served actual military service for quite some time. Our beefeater tour guide was very funny but informative as well.
Here is a ghost of the Tower of London caught on camera. Spooky eh?

This little video gives you a 360° view from inside the Tower of London...


No comments: