Pages

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Farewell to Cosham

After a wonderful week in Portsmouth it was time to move on- before I left I had to grab a photo of Dave outside his shed- every man needs a shed!
It was so good to finally meet face to face with family from England- we have spent so much time conversing through email it was great to eventually be face to face. Thank you everyone- you were so warm and welcoming. Our door is always open in NZ for a return visit.
Lynda and Dave saw me off the premises at the Cosham railway station. Look at all that blue English sky!
A highlight of the train trip to Abergevenny was the Westbury White Horse that I could see from the train window.
The link above gives you a better idea of the size of the thing close up- it must be huge. I was so pleased the train stopped for a moment at a siding and I was able to capture a decent photo.
After a slightly traumatic train transfer at Newport I arrived at Abergavenny. The announcements at the station were of course in Welsh and English- and I couldn't understand either!
Paul was there at the station to meet me and we had a quick look around the town centre and a hot coffee in town. I was impressed with Abergavenny- they had made more of an effort with their Christmas decorations than shops in Oxford Street had.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank u for your kind words we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Our house is certainly very quiet without you! We miss you lots already! Sob! Take care and don't forget us and all the family. Keep in very close touch. I'll check your blog daily. Love and big hugs
Lynda and David xx