Pages

Friday, January 02, 2009

New Year's Day

A taxi came to collect Lynda and I at 11am to take us to Aunty Betty’s flat in Stubbington. Aunty Betty is Dad’s sister-in-law and I last met her 46 years ago- needless to say I don’t remember that meeting. We had a great catch up chat then cousin Maggie came to pick us up in her car to take us to Osborne View Pub overlooking the Solent for lunch.
I had Tanglefoot pie on a bed of mashed potato for lunch which was very nice.
Unfortunately the weather was a bit glum and you couldn’t see much of the Isle of Wight but it had a charm all the same. That is the Isle of Wight you can't see in the distance.
After lunch we drove over to Maggie and Stuart’s house to meet the family. It was so good to talk with Aunty Betty about the old photos I had copied onto my computer. I even recorded some of the conversation for editing later.

We had a rolling photo opportunity with all of the King-Petts family- not likely to happen again any time soon- Lynda and Dave, Aunty Betty, Laurence, Stuart, Maggie, me and the twins- Jonathan and Ryan. We then headed back to Aunty Betty’s for a light tea and a taxi home to Cosham. Another excellent day getting to know the English side of my heritage.

No comments: