Last day in London! Amy had to work in the morning so as she left I had a little weep and got myself organised for the first hop to Frankfurt. With nothing else happening and a good set of written instructions I head off with my handbag, backpack and suitcase all secure and ready for action. You will be pleased to know that I donated my trusty homeless person's coat to Oxfam on the way to lighten the load and carried on the rest of the way in the cold. I got to Heathrow about three hours early- about mid-day.

I was really pleased that I decided to go early as the fog had rolled in heavily and as you can see by the departure screen not a lot was happening. They decided to put me on the 11.45 flight to Frankfurt so if at all possible I could get out of town in time to catch the second hop from Frankfurt to Bangkok. We left at about four o'clock in the end.

There was snow on the ground in Frankfurt as we watched to big plane get all sorted. Big disappointment though as there was no individual TV screens on board to help pass the time on the 11 hour flight and it was packed tight with a waiting list of people wanting to get on who had arrived later than I had.

We travelled through the night and when I woke up after my half hour nap it was daylight over India and I got to see the Himalayas in the distance- magic.

Chrissy had organised a taxi to pick me up from the airport and take me to the ISB compound at Samakee Gardens- excellent, as you really feel like a foreigner in a foreign land. The driver was great and wai'ed for me (the prayer like greeting).

The streets were busy with dogs, markets and people which made for an interesting trip noticing how things changed as we entered the suburbs where people really lived.

Here is the view from Chrissy and Ben's apartment- it overlooks the compound playing field and the swimming pool which was empty as it is too cold to swim in- too cold- it is a toasty warm for me- quite warm enough thank you.

We had coffee with fellow Twitterer and teacher from ISB, Jeff Utecht. Jeff and I had had a bit of a play with uStream video streaming from his balcony a few months back. To find out which apartment was his we played a spot of flashing our house lights off and on- really funny way to meet someone! ROFL.

This is what Google looks like in Thai.
1 comment:
A great blog post, really interesting to read as it appears so different from Europe. Glad all is well. Take care.
Lynda
Portsmouth
U.K.
Post a Comment