School starts at ISB at 7:30am so needless to say Chrissy was at school before me. KhunRin, Chrissy's maeban or maid helps to get Ben ready for school and I had a shower and a leisurely wake up before wandering off to the International School of Bangkok campus. The 10 minute walk to school was lovely in itself. As I walked past this man made lake I saw a couple of large flat type fish. The locals are shivering with cold and covering up but for me the temperature in the high twenties was just perfect.
I had to show my passport to security to be allowed on the huge campus. Kim Cofino another Twitter friend showed me about the media centre and elementary and middle school- the school is so well resourced. Chrissy has twenty in her class with a full time trained teacher's instructional assistant to help with preparation, resources and general classroom duties. How great is that!
After eating lunch in the huge school cafe Chrissy's class went down to the central school fish pond and collected water to look at through an electronic microscope to look for amoeba! No luck the pool wasn't teaming enough!
School finishes at 2.10pm and the hundred or so minivans took the students back to their homes from all over Bangkok. I went home for a nap and then we went out for tea at a tree surrounded restaurant on the banks of Chao Phraya, Bangkok's main river. To get there you get a 10 minute taxi ride and then transfer to a bike side car thing for a startling ride through the back streets to the restaurant itself. We arrived just as the sun was setting across the river. Absolutely stunning- my camera was at the upper end of its digital zoom but I still love the photo.
We had real Thai for tea- hey girls, you would have loved it- a heap of dishes came in quick succession for us to sample. What a way to finish the day- on the water's edge, great company, great food and a stunning sunset. Bonus- it cost about $30 or ฿600 to feed all three of us- that's more like it.
The restaurant had a variety of floating flower arrangements- very beautiful.
After tea we went to the Carrefour night market and Chrissy bought some pemello- sort like a sweet grapefruit- beautiful and full bodied- a meal on its own.
A rich and varied day. Now tomorrow's the weekend- time to see that sight's of the city.PS 'Sawatdee Kaa' means hello in Thai. I am going to practise that. And 'chup kahn ka' for thank you.
2 comments:
Sawatdee kaa Allanah,
Wow you're certainly cramming in a lot ! Photos as usual are great.
Very impressive Thai meal you had. You might have to slum it when you come home.
Looking forward to your return.
Chup kahn ka for keeping in touch.
Have fun, keep safe....
love Yve X
New Zealand
Another really interesting post, I look forward to some more of the sights of the city! Take care.
Lynda
Portsmouth
U.K.
Post a Comment