Pages

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Girlie Road Trip to Leicester

From one friendship to another. Today was my last day in Wales as Tricia had driven all the way from Leicester to Cardiff for a meet up. I had met up with Tricia on Twitter some time ago and it was great to meet her in person. Paul dropped me at the Cardiff Museum in the morning as he had to go to work. Tricia meet me there and we quickly became F2F buddies and joined Paul at IB headquarters. As an extra note Tricia had the assistance of her GPS on her iPhone and her TomTom to guide us there- it was quite an adventure- I want an iPhone!!!).Paul guided us around the purpose built IB building- I was impressed with its quiet professional atmosphere. For lunch we jumped down the road to Audi Cardiff headquaters cafe and I thought this would be nice to drive up to school with at the start of next term- I hopped in it and it just felt right- £60,000- small change but it wouldn't fit in my handbag!
Before I said farewell to Wales we had to get a couple of trophy photos- first with Tricia and then with Paul. It really has been magic meeting up with people that are in my virtual Personal Learning Network. It is a shame I missed Joe on Isle 0f Wight- so near and yet so far! Paul and have been friends for a few of years now and I felt we learnt together how to work the internet for the benefit of the kids we taught and for both of us it has led in new directions- cheers Paul.
Tricia and I never stopped talking all the way to Leicester and along the way I saw the Severn Bridge- another bridge well worth a photographic record.
We travelled the midlands of the UK all covered with snow- very beautiful.
Amy met me at St Pancras Station- quite a structure in itself- then off for a Thai dinner and bed- it had been a big day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allanah,
It sounds like Wales is a definite revisit sometime in the future.
What a wonderful time you've had !
Ireland is waiting now, how exciting.....
Keep in touch.
Your blog is great !!!

Love Yve XXX

Nelson N.Z.

Anonymous said...

Hey love the car! Not sure it would look right in the school car park though.


Rae