Pages

Friday, January 02, 2009

New Year's Eve

We started out today with leisurely wake up call. The day was as cold as it has been while I have been here. We went to George Inn on Portsdown Hill for lunch. The George Inn is a real English pub how I imagine them to be. Dogs were welcome and a family came in when we were there and their labrador just sat quietly by the table until it was time to go. Dave had to work in the morning so joined us for a late lunch after work. I had scampi and chips, a first for me.

After lunch we all went home and Lynda and I had a catch up session on our blogs while Dave prepared another English feast- gammon steak, cauliflower cheese and mushy peas. The gammon steak was very nice and the mushy peas were a novelty. Dave, like Ruth’s Paul makes the cheese sauce for the cauliflower from actual ingredients- magic.
We didn’t actually stay up til midnight- I sent Danny a text for his birthday and Amy a text to remind her to keep warm when she was celebrating in the cold London air.

No comments: