Today Paul and I went to his old school, Cefn Fforest. Over the last few years Paul and my class have worked closely together, blogging, podcasting and learning together.

Paul showed me around the school and then went in to talk to his old classes while I waited out in the hallway. Paul called me in and the kids were amazed to see me from the other side of the world. We posed for a group photo beneath their house murals.

I loved the school's jolly crossing patrol ladies- wrapped warmly for their lunch time duties- it really was bitterly cold.

Next stop was the Chartist Bridge- named after early trade unionist who marched to Newport to claim workers rights. The bridge itself was structurally clever.

Next stop was Caerphilly Castle- a real castle. The moat around the outside was frozen solid. Brilliant.

The ruins were majestic.


Here is Paul and I- with me holding a lump of ice that some brave soul had dragged from the moat.

And then.... and then.... it started snowing. Very lightly but very definitely snowing.

Look at that frozen ice and the magnificent castle.
2 comments:
Allanah,
All the photos are just magic.
You definately have an eye.
Wales is gorgeous.
Ireland should have plenty to capture on film too.
Keep safe & warm.
Yve XXX
Glad to know you are having a good time; the photos are lovely and very interesting giving a good idea of what the area is like.
Lynda & David
Portsmouth, U.K.
Post a Comment