Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A day out with Mandy, Mum and Alan

We filled the car up and took Mandy out on the town! First stop was the Nelson cathedral. Mandy and I walked the labyrinth but I think she cheated! You walk the labyrinth thinking about things. I thought about how much noise my shoes made on the lino. I don't think that was what they had in mind. The joys of being so shallow!


Also is a photo of the new stained glass window. I like stained glass windows!

Then a quick PO (photo opportunity) at my old secondary school, Nelson Girls' College. Notice how the huge gum tree is enveloping the fence posts.

After that we had a nice lunch at the Mapua Leisure Park because Mandy was starting to feel ravenous! We all had the groper steaks. Yummy. The nice waitress took our photo and we all tried hard to be on our photogenic best behaviour.

We then had a little tour around Mapua ending up beside the estuary with this lovely gum tree covered in crimson blooms. Mandy and Alan were good enough to pose.


On the way home we stopped at Grape Escape and I taken by these place setting made with flat river stones. What an excellent idea for an all weather feature. I would like to give it a go. It would take a fair while to collect enough flat stones but the idea is excellent.

Then Mandy had one more visit with Mac and Bern before returning to Blenheim. We really enjoyed her company. It was great to spend some time with her. She is the perfect house guest- she even gets up and makes her own breakfast. Excellent. Thanks Mandy.

No comments: