Pages

Monday, January 29, 2007

Holiday in Marton

I had a couple of days away in Marton. While there we participated in a Pungarehu marae fundraiser quiz night. This photo is of Putiki marae that is further down the Wanganui River.I visited with Loretta also and had a look over her new house and garden.We also went to Marion and Eve's birthday party. As always it was great to catch up with all of the James Cook School team at the same time.While we were enjoying the summer evening out in the countryside I was able to spot the comet. My camera wasn't good enough to take a photo right there and then so I got this photo off the net. I never got to see Haley's comet so this was a treat. This photo was taken over a couple of hours but you get the idea- you could definitely see the tail trailing out behind it.Ada-May's baby boy, Dalzeill, is a real delight and he enjoyed playing in the water on a hot summer's afternoon.I had a good flight home although we had to have a stop-over in Wellington along the way.It was great to get away for a few days and catch up friends.

No comments: