Pages

Thursday, December 01, 2005

The Adix

Tonight I had a heap of things to do in town so skipped away from school early.

After doing the 'must do' things we had a little time for 'extras'. I coerced Mum in to buying me a computer gadget that I know I will love. I put some money in with it to make up the cost because computer gadgets aren't cheap. We will have to wait till Christmas to see what it is as it is a surprise.

We bought take-aways from MacDonalds and went down to the port in search of a huge sailing boat that Gerald had seen the day before coming in the cut under sail. We could see the tall masts above the other buildings and ships at the wharf and we just tried to drive as close as we could. We found her at the International Berth and got real close up look. She is a beautiful thing to look at. I know Dad would have loved to have seen such a thing close up. All of the deck work was fitted wood. Next to where you walk on was a basket for your street shoes as the crew obviously changed before walking about the boat.



Her name is Adix and she is registered in London but travels the world as a web search shows her all over the place. This photo above was obviously taken pre 2001 in New York.



This photo shows in more detail the work on the deck. All the woodwork was of such quality of craftmanship. Double click on the photo to see a close up!



Something you may notice about this post is I cleverly moved the pictures and text so they alternate. I astound myself sometimes!!

2 comments:

Pete's Blog said...

Wow what a fantastic boat. I will have to take Tom down to have a look.

Anonymous said...

Great sailing ship, I wonder if Gray has been to see it. He would be most impressed.