
Well here we are again back on dry land, sort of safe and sound!!! It was a great trip and we really enjoyed the first part when it was early morning and the water clear, crystal and calm. We soon got the hang of kayaking in sea using your feet to steer and your arms to provide the power.

We followed the coastline up from Marahau north to a series beautiful golden beaches that can only be reached from the sea. We didn't take any photos on my digital camera while we were out at sea in case the camera got wet but I did have a Trade Me waterproof print film camera that I am waiting to get developed!

After an hour or two of steady paddling we stopped at one of the beaches and had a snack and a breather and I took these photos. Unfortunately my timing with the waves and a spot of poor communication on my behalf as I went to get out of the canoe was a bit unfortunate and I ended up rather wet! It must have looked funny as Amy laughed!!!!
After that we had to paddle around a headland and the wind had come up and we were out in the open sea! Things got a bit treacherous in the swell and both Amy and I got wet. Thankfully though not as wet as another couple who were further out to sea than us and they capsized!!!! The guide and a passing launch came to their aid and had them up the right way before too long. We had to just hang about in the swell trying to stay afloat while we waited for them to get going again. That in itself was a bit of a struggle.
We persevered though and came in to shore safely ready for the aqua taxi to take us back to where we started!
An excellent adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment