Pages

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Statistics NZ

After a hard day on a fairly intense school course I come home to find a woman in our lounge from Statistics NZ who wants to do a Household Economic Survey. I was not in the mood and said that we didn't want to but evidently it is a legal requirement- a bit like jury service. Ye Gods! They want to know what we have spent our money on over the last twelve months and copies of bills etc for the last month or so. Then we have to fill out a two weeks survey itemising everything we spend our money on in over a two week period.

It's a damn invasion of privacy I think. I asked her how long the interview was going to take? If we have everything prepared she said it shouldn't take over two hours!

I am going to try really hard not to spend a cent for the two weeks just to spite them. I will do a huge grocery shop the day beforehand and walk to work so I will have nothing to report!

Statistics New Zealand HES

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An absolute outrage! It's "Big Brother" way out of control!

L. U.K.

Anonymous said...

You must be kidding! Brits would throw them out on their ear and do the time rather than tell them that much detail! It would never get through parliament here. We're too reserved!

*Sister of L. U.K.