Pages

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Hector's Dolphin


The Christmas before last Amy gave me an endangered Hector's Dolphin sponsorship. It was a very thoughtful and enlightened thing to do. The idea is that your donation helps support and protect these wonderful dolphins that only live in certain areas around New Zeland's coastline. I renewed the sponsorship and they sent me a certificate. If you would like to learn more click on the link below.

My dolphin's number is 1997. I hope it is doing well!

Hector's Dolphin website

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Allanah. Some of these conservations groups are adept at extracting money from us - for a good cause of course. I've jsu been asked by the Karori Wildlife Sanctaury if I mwoulf like to pay $100 and "adopt a hectare", this is on top of buying a fence post, or sponsoring a robin, donating a native plant, etc etc. Chris

Anonymous said...

How cynical you are. I wondered if my dolphin died or got caught in a net would I get my money back????? AK

Anonymous said...

hi alanah its Erin today is Cams birthday. Cool blog!!!