We had a big meeting with the doctor yesterday and it was decided that it was best if Mum were to move into a rest home.
The crunching question for me was when the doctor said would I be happy leaving Mum on her own- and the answer to that one is NO. She is just too unsteady on her feet and restless at night.
I could stagger through to the end of the school term and then go to the rest home but best to do it now when we have time to adjust and still get some things sorted.
It is a heart wrenching decision and I have been in tears a fair bit over last night but I think it is for the best. I am upset for myself as much as Mum as I will miss her company at home but she will be able to spend some days at home while she gets things sorted as well.
It has been lovely these last ten days or so while she has been in hospital as we have been able to spend good times together in the afternoons and evenings without the stress of cooking, cleaning and getting up all the night as well.
The trick now will to be to find the best rest home around here that can cater for her needs best and that we are happy with and that has a bed available.
I have started physio on my knee and I have a series of little exercises to do which will strengthen the muscles around the knee and support it better. I go twice a week. The tooth has settled and I await the appointments for the root canal. My blood pressure is still high but no so dangerously high as it was and my blood sugar is now 5.6 so more on an even keel.
Amy and her James are flying over this weekend so that is something to look forward to.
2 comments:
Well done , tough decision! Quality time together is what you both want and the rest home option will give you that I'm sure!
Rae
A difficult decision made in a positive way. I sincerely hope that you will make the most of your quality time together.
Best wishes also for the Project : 'Repair Allanah', get those Medico's and Physio's on the case :)
Paul
Post a Comment