Where are we up to?????Mum has now been in Tasman Park Rest Home for a week and a half. I visit with her soon after lunch and we do something to fill in her day like go shopping for a little something or have a cup of coffee out or something like that.
The rest home is 12 minutes drive from home so that is not too far. I come home for tea at about four o'clock and go back after tea at about 7.30 to help Mum settle for bed.
The time we spend together is really nice and I don't have to worry over her care. I can just enjoy her company. We have started knitting a scarf. I would be content if the rest home had wireless broadband- the resthomes of the future better have!!!
It is not how Mum would have liked it to be in her retirement years but we are making the best of it. She is busy making up nicknames for the residents- the phantom wanderer, the hoiker, the man in black, the smoker...
She calls the nurses her hand-maidens. She makes me laugh!
My physiotherapy is coming along nicely and although I have good days and bad days I have not made much use of the crutches in the last few days.
I have been doing a lot of tidying up around the section- some of the things I would not have the time or energy to do if I was working full time. The weather has been cold and clear with fresh snow falls that make the view across the bay very beautiful.
I have posted a photo and video on my Edublog.
No comments:
Post a Comment