

There was still a little snow from last weekend's snowfall on the ground so I placed it on the jetty to be all artistic! Nikki, please note how I placed it on the thrids!



Our adventure this weekend was to take a car trip to Lake Rotoiti to enjoy the lastest snowfalls and give the camera a good workout. Mac came along as well.

We had lunch at the Lodge. This was the view from the dining room window. Note how the creek has frozen over. We watched a duck fly in to land and it got quite a fright when it skidded and didn't sink like it thought it would.

We then took a short walk then headed back to Nelson before the sun went down and it got too cold again. We had a picnic cup of tea from a thermos down by the Fisherman's Wharf.

This video is 5MB so I wouldn't try it without broadband but it is quite stunning if I say so myself! If you listen carefully you can hear the tui and bellbirds in the forest.
Powered by Castpost
2 comments:
HI Allanah, Really enjoy your blog and to read about family and see the photos of NZ. I had forgotten how gorgeous Lake Rotoiti is. I have put your photo of snow capped Mts behind the school on my desk top as I like it so much...
Mandy xx
Hi
Great photos. Was checking for thirds!
I especially love the seagull.
Your photographer buddy!
Post a Comment