Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Up the Garden Path

It rained mighty heavily last night- woke me up a couple of times but was still surprised at how quickly the river had come up. Yesterday it was all clear and calm and where it was supposed to be.

I quickly got organised and carted floating stuff and firewood up the top in case it kept on coming. It's gone down a little now but high tide is this afternoon.

I stepped out tentatively across the walking path- it has been known to be undermined and swept away- I was surprised at the strength of the current even across the path.
It's got a way to go yet before there's any real problem but the neighbours are in trouble- yet again. They keep perishables and carpet the floor in their downstairs. After seventy years of family ownership of my house we know better!

No comments: