Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Speaking Engagements

I have been privileged to be invited to a couple of speaking engagements in the North Island and Appleby was OK with me taking a few days off to do it. The first was in the Wairarapa and Palmerston North talking to teachers about using Information Communication Technologies in their classrooms.
I got to spend the weekend with Chris as the days joined on to a weekend. He took me to the Karori Sanctuary that I have been wanting to visit for ages. We saw weta, tuatara and my very first kaka. It was great.
We also attended the very moving Pompeii exhibition at Te Papa. Chris took this photo on his phone as I had left my camera at home. I was impressed with the quality of the image.
My second trip away was to Koraunui School for an Interactive Whiteboard conference talking about using wiki to promote learning in Science. Both engagements were excellent and a great opportunity to get out and about.
I got to stay the night with Tom and Colleen before the conference started which was an added bonus. Little Lagar was happy to spend some time playing fetch while I was there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad the conference went well and you were able to spend a short time with Tom and Coleen.

Lynbda
Portsmouth, U.K.