Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Police Call Out

This is what happens when the council doesn't fix your front fence like they promised.

Tonight about 8pm I heard a thump and went outside to investigate and one of my neighbours yelled from across the road, "Call the Police!"

Two young men had thrown one of the road safety cones through the back window of my car and taken off up the road. He gave chase while I called 111.

The police dog handler came by to see me while another policeman caught up with the two guys and brought them back home for me to growl at. They seemed contrite and admitted having had a few drinks and said they weren't aiming at my car but at each other and one of them had ducked. They promised to pay for the repairs and if they do we won't take it any further. I have put a plastic cover over the back windscreen in case it rains and will try and get it fixed tomorrow- followed by a very angry call to the council to fix the front fence so I can close the gate and keep the riff raff out.

2 comments:

Jo Fothergill said...

dang ... in the meantime you're left with the inconvenience of getting your car fixed!!

glad you weren't in the car at the time

Anonymous said...

Hello
Sorry to see your car in such a state, hopefully you wont be out of pocket. I won $100 in the school raffle today, honk if you need a loan!!!!