Two weeks ago Mum woke up on early Saturday morning with an infection which has left her in need of company 24 hours a day. She has been in Omaio Rest Home during the week since then while I slither into the end of the school term.
In order that I can be with Mum for a time to help her get back on her feet I am taking all of next term off on leave without pay so I can be with her and help her. Taking ten weeks off pupil contact time means that I loose the holiday pay as well even though I am presenting papers at an ICT conference in Auckland during the holidays!!!! So if you come to visit bring a Red Cross parcel with you full of the necessities of life like chocolates, coffee and carrot cake. We shall be eating cold marmite sandwiches and savaloy soup and huddling around an open fire in the back garden.
No comments:
Post a Comment