Pages

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Summer Colour

After a busy week first week back at school there is little in the way of news to blog about except that it was VERY HOT and the kids are going to be a nice bunch. It is quite noticeable the difference (added value) between last year's and the newbies!I whipped outside to take these photos of a little summer colour for our northern hemisphere readers who are snow-bound! Above the hibiscus came out today and below Dad's favourite...
Iacroma tuberosa- I know its not spelled correctly but that is how it sounds. Dad liked it I think because of its name. I like its unique-ness.
And the perennial favourite- the fuschia never lets you down.

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Great photos of lovely flowers.
Good to see some colour amidst our dull and damp cold winter here in the U.K.!

Lynda
Portsmouth (no snow here!)
Hampshire
U.K.